Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meet some precious new friends

 We had an opportunity to meet and visit with some great new friends who also adopted from China: Nathan, Stacie, and Karlye.  Karlye is just 10 days older than Olivia.  Miss Karlye is a cutie pie!!!!  She has a smile that will light up a room and Olivia LOVED playing with her.  She even shared her chair with Olivia.  They sat in it together at one point but I couldn't snap a picture quick enough :)



 Karlye is being funny in the picture below and making a funny face :).  I was trying to get them both to smile.  This made us laugh when she was making this face :)
Not sure if they are hugging or telling secrets :)
"Hey, you look kinda like me" :)

We had a great time meeting Nathan, Stacie, and sweet Karlye!!  We hope to definitely get together again next time we are in Birmingham and let the girls play :).  This was our first get-together with fellow adoptive parents.  I know we asked them a thousand questions throughout the night :).  There is so much to ask other parents who have adopted!!  They are currently going through with the beginning steps of their second adoption - HOW EXCITING!!!  You can see Karlye's blog at prepareourhearts.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, I just wanted to let you know how amazing it has been to read your blog. I'm the Communications Director with ICC and Sue Burns gave me the link and I've been reading for a few months now.

    I had the privilege of meeting Olivia when she was 5 months old in Hengyang. She absolutely stole my heart and I sponsored her until she became a part of your family. Writing the appeal letter that helped to fund her initial surgeries and seeing the response from donors that helped to save her life... it still brings me to tears.

    I can't tell you how glad I am to see she's growing up well and I'm so happy that her life is full of possibility and promise as part of a forever family. Blessings on you and Danny as you continue to grow with Olivia!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    We are thrilled to get your comment!!! Thank you so much for writing to us and for reading about our precious little girl ;). Most of all - thank you for all you did to help save her life. We are eternally grateful to you and so many others! She is our beautiful gift and we have so many people to thank for that - and now we know that you were central to so many of them knowing her story - THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

    I am not sure if you have any of the items you created to tell/share her story or any of the appeals, but we would love to get those if you have them!!! We are saving all that we can so she will know what a treasure she was to so many even before we got to hold her in our hands!! We want her to be so proud of who she is and the impact she had on others even as a precious little orphan in China :). Anyway - just thought I'd check and see if you had any of those items remaining - we would LOVE whatever you might still have!

    You can email us anytime!! We would love to talk to you! We skype Ron and Sue and have also skyed Kyla once many months ago. My email is julielmann@verizon.net

    Thanks again for letting us know who you are! So excited to get your note :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have a few things for sure! I'll email you and send them along.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete