Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's only been a couple of years :)

So, I have a new computer and thought I would attempt to begin to update this blog as I obviously haven't in quite some time.  The only issues are -I was unable to log in for like EVER b/c our email addresses had changed and I had NO IDEA what the password was!!  Anyway - finally got logged in but I also have no pictures on my new laptop and honestly not quite sure how to add any to it right now :).

Quite a bit has changed since I last posted around Olivia's heart surgery.   About 2 months after Olivia's surgery - we learned we would be expecting another bundle of joy!! This one would come by birth.  So, in August of 2013 - we welcomed Olivia's little sister, Evelyn Elle Mann, into the world.  She was healthy and we were thankful.  We traveled back to Memphis to visit my precious grandmother who would soon go to be the Lord.  She got to see Olivia again - oh what a sight to see - and she got to meet Miss Elle.  We have pictures and video I will treasure forever.  We also got to reunite with our friends and church family in Hernando, MS while visiting.  They were having their annual Global Impact Conference and we suddenly felt the Lord drawing us back home.  Only, not to Birmingham, where we are both from, but to Hernando, MS :).  We decided I would leave my career, yes the one I worked hours upon hours to achieve and the one we moved like 4 times for.  The same career that took us first to Florida, then to Memphis, and then to Philly.  God was truly leading me to stay at home with my girls despite all I was leaving behind.  It was SO very hard, yet the easiest decision I've ever made :).  It's hard to explain but i'm sure you get the picture. 

In January 2014, we loaded up and made the 15 hour journey back to Hernando, MS where we are now settled.  Olivia is in 4k pre-school 3 1/2 days a week :).  She loves school and LOVES animals!!!  She takes gymnastics and is healthy as an ox :).  We follow up with cardiology every 6 months and we are thankful that our cardiologist trained at CHOP!!  How awesome is that?!?!

Elle is 15 months old and such a big girl!  She will most likely outgrow Olivia by next year!  She is such a sweetie and we are totally in love with our little sister ;).  Olivia is her favorite person (Olivia is already getting the big sis annoyed thing) and she is a total daddy's girl :(  However, Olivia is 100% mommies girl :)

I will updating and hopefully learning to get some updated pictures on here. 

Danny and I are also praying through our decision to adopt again - so please join us in that prayer.  We want to let him lead and not just pray once we've acted. 

Much love!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment