Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sweetest Thing Ever

Meet Kai!  Kai came home with his forever parents just a few weeks ago and has had major heart surgery since he has arrived (though you'd never know it by this video).  Not only was he in Olivia's orphanage, but he was in her same room!!!  Can you believe it?!?!  God is so good!  Jillian, Kai's mom, posted about meeting and getting to hold this beautiful little girl while visiting her son's orphanage before leaving China.  That little girl was Olivia.  YES, she got to hold our precious daughter!!  How we came together is truly a miracle - our God is still in the miracle business!  Enjoy this precious video of Kai seeing Olivia for the first time since he left China on THIS blog :). 

(He knows Olivia as Bing-Bing - what they call her at the orphanage)

3 comments:

  1. Danny and Julie... i am so excited about your news...how exciting...olivia is an absolute doll... we can't wait to keep up with you and your journey to olivia... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you two! So excited to hear your news, the Hoosiers forwarded to me. I would love to know everything, so if you have an update list for your email where you notify everyone of updates to your blog, please add me to your list tnlmcguire@yahoo.com. Todd and I are so happy for you, we know how hard the waiting is, and how hard it is to watch that first Birthday and Christmas go by with them not home yet. Been there - done that! But, it will still be so special when you enjoy your firsts with her once she is home! You know both of our biological girls were born with congenital heart defects and had surgery. We have a fantastic pediatric cardiologist here in Birmingham, I don't even know where you are living now. Both girls had their surgeries at Children's Hospital in Boston. I would be interested to know your diagnosis and what they have done and plan to do in the future. Love you both and are so happy for you. Todd, Lori, Anna and Sarah Beth McGuire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    Natalie shared this with me, and I just want you to know that I am so amazed and truly in awe of everything that you and Danny are going through with this process. Please know that you will be in my prayers, along with little Olivia, and I can't wait to meet her some time hopefully sooner rather than later. You clearly have a huge heart for your little girl, and I just can't wait for the chance that you will soon get to meet her in person and have her as yours forever. Please keep me posted, I will definitely be visiting this site often now that I know about it!

    Sincerely,

    Alden Sturgis

    ReplyDelete