Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Exciting News all Around - God has been Good!

The adoption process is a funny thing.  There are extreme highs and there are extreme lows.  You are busy, busy, busy doing all the work and then you suddenly wait, wait, wait...  There are frustrating times when adopting a child with particularly special needs that needed to come home long before now.  However, we knew from the beginning that God was in this, that God made her our daughter before time began.  And although we do not understand His timing and her spending 3 years in an orphanage - we Praise His Name b/c we pray and believe that He will get the glory for her life.

I will start our GREAT news with another story first.  I have been calling physicians locally and afar to get the opinions on AnaLei's file and what we should do to best take care of her in China and on the plane flight home.  We have felt very much "blown off" to say it best.  They don't mean to - its just hard to give opinions or recommendations on a child they have never met.  Yesterday, I actually had someone say to me, "Can I ask you a question"  "Why would you adopt such a child?  A child that will undergo such traumatic surgery IF she is even able to have surgery and then possibly die in surgery or a few years later?  Why not adopt a child with more minor needs and one that can grow and learn and who knows - become something great?"  Now - before everyone goes up in arms over the VERY inappropriate/ hurtful/unbelievable question - his intent was not to be offensive.  His question was rather honest.  In his defense - he wasn't a stranger and I had gone to him for medical advice.   I thought back to this past Sunday when our pastor preached his first sermon on a seven sermon series of "The 7 saying of Jesus on the cross".  One of the examples he gave is what I thought about on the way home.  There are lives we consider "valuable" in this world and lives that we do not.  But who are we?  Did Jesus not ask for forgiveness for the very men nailing him to the cross?  He died for them too!  So, did he die in vain?  OF COURSE NOT!  Every life is valuable b/c every life comes from Him.

AnaLei has spent 3 years (as of next week) in an orphanage with no idea of what a familyeven is.  She has spent her days calling numerous nannies, "mama".  She hasn't experienced the love that we already feel for her.  God has given us a love for her and a desire to bring her home.  This is divine people!  This is also the work of a Holy God.  He says in his word that he will not leave the orphans.  Well, for AnaLei - it's because He has called us to GO!  I know everyone isn't called to go.  But we are.

Now - off the sermon - sorry - that just had to be said!  On to the GREAT NEWS!!  We have been officially approved by China to adopted AnaLei as our LSC (Letter Seeking Confirmation) has been issued.   Our agency will have it this week and scan it to us to send to the USCIS to meet our I-800 and then we move on the NVC (National Visa Center) where I have to get a number and fill out a DS-260 and then that goes to China (just as the new year ends) and they issue what's called an article 5 (have no idea what this is) and then finally our TA (travel approval).  I honestly expect this the first week of March :)))

The other great news!!  We found someone who values her life and hopes to give her hope!  Through GOD SIZED events and contacts - God has led us to Children's of Boston!  This is completely unexpected!  However, when we reached out to our other options - we just didn't feel it was right this time.  Nothing AT ALL against these institutions - it just wasn't God's plan for AnaLei.  A precious adoptive mom who talked to me late one night - gave me the information I needed to contact the actual surgeon at Children's Boston.  On a whim at midnight Saturday - I poured out my heart and sent him her entire file.  To my DISBELIEF - he emailed me back THE VERY NEXT DAY!!!! No - not his assistant saying to make an appointment, or more - we just can't know until she gets here, but a thoughtful, precious email where he says what she is potentially a candidate for and is even asking questions like, how is her breathing, can I get images of her echo's from China?  It's like he is my next door neighbor and we are just having a conversation.  I am in awe of how obvious God can make His will when he knows we may not see it otherwise!  Boston won't be easy for our family and logistically not our first choice!  But they are #1 in the world for like everything - including pediatric cardiac care.  We are just thankful.  I got on my hands and knees yesterday morning, face to the floor and just praised His holy name!  I'm not saying she will make it.  I do not know God's ultimate plan for her.  But I do know what He would have us do - and coming home - it is Boston Children's.  The rest of His story will be written after that.  I thank Him for his goodness and pray I will do the same even, when and if, bad news comes.

YAY for the LSC and YAY for finding the perfect medical facility for AnaLei! :)  God can change plans - so who knows - but this is our plan as of today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment