Thursday, February 5, 2015

No Way Around It - Just an Emotional Day

Okay - so this blog is like my therapy.  And there is no way around the fact that today was an emotional day.  Like the kind where you start laughing during dinner but then it turns into an ugly cry.  The kind of ugly cry when you almost choke on your dinner and therefore are forced to spit it out.  U.G.L.Y....  My poor Danny sure wished he had kept that last comment to himself ;)  Poor thing couldn't know I was on the tipping point.  I didn't even know until it happened. 

The first thing we heard today was great news - we are now in the "process of being translated" :)  YAY!  That is great.  That means our dossier is being translated and will then enter the review process before going into the matching process before finally being approved we pray!  So, that is wonderful!

Upon reading in one of the new FB groups that I am a part of now that we are adopting AnaLei - I read pulmonary hypertension patients can have a hard time breathing at high altitudes, including flying.  Someone mentioned it might be good to have oxygen on the airplane.  I am so thankful for that person for informing me of something so important!  Of course, I am completely naïve when it comes to PH, so I'm thinking that getting oxygen is like getting Tylenol or something from the pharmacy.  "Hi doctor, we'd like some oxygen for the way home just in case" and the doctor in my mind said, "sure, let me call that in"  All is well.  Only if....

Turns out - this is a SUPER complicated thing!  Actually, it turns out it may actually be impossible before going to China.  The Chinese airlines actually do not allow ANY type of oxygen on their planes and the US airlines make you have a "fit to fly" letter I've learned.  Also, you can't take a tank, it has to be a compressor type thing.  And, one battery would never last long enough for a 14 hour flight- so I would have to get like 3 extra batteries.  Oh yea, did I mention my cardiologist said he couldn't prescribe this for a patient he has never seen.  HA!  It's like it's a big joke someone is playing on me.  Anyway, of course now I'm terrified my sweet baby will have a hard time breathing on the plane and that her oxygen stats will drop and put her in danger.  Danger of what i'm not sure, but I've been told it wouldn't be good.  We will have one short flight in country as we leave her province and go to Guangzhou (where everyone must go to get the child's visa and medical exam) so we should get an idea of how she does.  If it's bad - I don't know what i'll do.  I guess have to take her to a Chinese hospital and get oxygen and a letter to let us have it???  Your guess is as good as mine. 

I know all of this sounds self-inflicted so to speak (or as some have said) but please know this is a path God has put us on.  We couldn't have done it any other way.  We are human and we are scared!  But we take comfort in knowing He has worked all the details out.  I know He has gone before me and prepared a path b/c He has made me her mother.  Therefore, He will provide what I need to take care of her.  This adoption has gone in world record time in adoption world so we know He is in it!  Please join us in prayer nonetheless :)  The human side of me, as evidenced by my ugly cry during dinner, is scared of how to take care of 3 girls, 2 having CHD and 1 going through way more than a 3 year old should ever have to (leaving all she's ever known, pokes and prods by our medical staff, a new home, new smells. new food, new bed, etc).  We know she is coming to a family and we take comfort in that, but that does not yet bring her comfort.  So, please pray.  Pray for her.  Pray for us.  Pray we stay on His path and that we lean on Him in our weakness so that He may be glorified in it all.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment