Friday, January 23, 2015

Peditrican Appointment turned VERY long day :(

Olivia having a TON of fun with "fire dog" at her chest xray appointment


Daddy needed to "lighten up" during our vet practice so Olivia decided to treat him with a frozen head piece and scarf :)

Baby Elle taking it all in and just wanting to play with big sis

Standing super still for her chest xray
So, as a follow up to yesterdays post - I took Olivia to the pediatrician today.  She instantly felt Olivia had a bronchial type cough.  She put her on an inhaler - steroid and the other one you take as needed.  She also felt we should have a chest xray just to be sure no fluid in the lungs or something else going on that we needed to know about.  So, I promptly drove her to imaging.  Bottom line, there isn't something but there isn't nothing (yes, bad grammar - I know).  They asked if she was a preemie, which by just asking means they see something wrong with her lungs - either that they are compromised or seemingly underdeveloped.   We truly aren't sure as she was found at 4 days of age and weighed only 4lbs.  The reports I read didn't feel as though she was but who could have really known since her birth parents are unknown.  They said they saw the "chronic" signs but nothing new so nothing to worry about.  Hold on - what chronic signs???  We aren't aware she has anything chronic.  We know she coughs but we've always contributed that to her heart.  Apparently, she is showing signs like someone with asthma.  So, basically, due to her heart condition - her lungs did sustain some sort of damage which could be the cause of her coughing, but it could also be bronchial related (is that even a word?).  As I type, she coughs non-stop in her sleep.  It's pitiful!  She has also, seriously and not joking, never - NEVER - slept a full night since she's been home - that is almost 4 years!!!!  She comes to our room every night b/t 11pm and 3am - with absolute certainty that it will happen.  I've never understood what woke her up.  Her reflux is terrible, but this coughing.  UGH!  I just wish I could snap my fingers and make her better.  Not for my sake but only for hers!  Many of you know that as a parent- you would take their place in a heartbeat if God allowed it.  But, for now, all I can do is give her the breathing treatments.  If you see us at church or elsewhere and Olivia is coughing - please know she isn't sick - like a cold or anything - she just can't help it right now :(.
Please keep her in your prayers as I just want her to be able to do the things she wants to do without hindrance.  I want her to sleep well for her sake, not ours.   Anyway - that is just what happened on the fly today.  Not in the plans but that is where the day took us.  Thank goodness for my precious mom who kept Elle while we were gone on that escapade!  Don't know what I will do while she spends almost 3 weeks in Alaska with my sister (my BIL is in the Air Force and they are stationed there). 
No news with the adoption.  Just hoping to get our fingerprint appointment letter Monday and hope our officer has a softened heart to our case and approves same day so we can get this dossier to China.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment