Sunday, January 4, 2015

Relaxing at Home

I hope everyone's new year was wonderful and relaxing!  We have had a quiet weekend at home and lots of time with our sweet girls.  Olivia wants to play horses 24-7 and Elle just wants to be with Olivia.  Olivia always asks if it is Elle's naptime because she really just likes playing horses with mom :). 

During the adoption process, weekends are hard b/c you know nothing is getting done to bring your baby home.  However, as I have reflected on God's word this weekend - I have to run when I can and relax in His presence and peace when I can.  We are on His timeline so there really is no reason for me to worry (so why do I tend to constantly?!?!).  I am enjoying blogging again - it is an outlet for all these feelings that get bottled up. 

I will update as things get going again which I hope is fast and furious starting tomorrow.  We have our final homestudy and my prayer (and I've been told it's to big of one) is that our I-800a is sent off to the USCIS by Friday afternoon.  After that - it apparently goes into a lockbox for 7-10 days where it won't be touched.  I am sending a letter of expedite with it as well as an overnight envelope back to me so they will prayerfully see the urgency.  The I-800a is how we get our appointment for our biometric fingerprints - which is what we have to have to send our dossier to China to get officially approved into their program.

We are still awaiting the release of Zou, Chun Lei's file from the CCCWA and pray it comes this week so we can lock her and get pre-approved.  We have completed all of that paperwork and now just waiting on her official file.

Anyway - thanks for reading all the details!  It seems like crazy talk unless you are in the middle of it.  Even when I read about someone else's adoption - I totally forget and get lost in all the processes.

Have a great week!  Olivia's 5th birthday is Friday!!  I think I will cry :)

Much Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment