Saturday, January 22, 2011

...And We Wait...

Alright - I thought the tough part was behind us!  I have found that, believe it or not, the closer we get, the tougher the wait!  I'll think to myself 8-10 weeks isn't very much time - that will give us time to get her furniture in and prepare to bring her home.  However, I'll be sitting down one night and think about what time it is in China and what she is probably doing "right now" and I'll wonder how I'll EVER get through all the many nights I still have left to go!  Danny says I don't need to tell God how big the mountain is, but tell the mountain how BIG my God is :)...  We are keeping busy - in addition to of course working, we have painted her room and just ordered the new carpet for her room.  We just got some of her bedding in too!
...Here's what is coming next...
Our I-800 packet is off to the USCIS and we are now waiting on our I-800 approval (this will be the next event) - then we wait on a letter from the National Visa Center (approx. 1 week later), and then everything gets sent to China and we wait approx. 6 weeks ( tear :( ) to get our travel approval.  Then, they say we'll travel approx. 2 weeks later!!  The only problem is that the Chinese new year starts February 2nd - so the entire government shuts down for at least a week. :(. 

No comments:

Post a Comment