Sunday, January 16, 2011

God is Good!

These days I wake up earlier than I used too.  I get up, come directly in the kitchen, make a cup of coffee (starbucks verona - YUM), call my mom (usually waking her up), and check our email to see if there is any news about Olivia.  It's like I think they have nothing else to do but email about my baby :).  We sent her January update questions a few days ago, so I am hoping we get those soon.

We put the first coat of paint on yesterday and I'm convinced I got more on me than on the wall!  We only had one injury when I jammed my toe into Danny's shoe - OUCH!!

Before we started painting, we decided to pray over Olivia's room and the work we were beginning.  We asked God to let her know how much we loved her as we prepared a place for her here.  While we prayed, I began to think about our Heavenly Father and how He is preparing a place for us.  He must be so excited about the day His children will finally arrive!!  I began to sob during the prayer as this reality began to sink in.  He REALLY does experience life with us and He REALLY does understand and know what we go through.  He knows the excitement and pain as I wait for Olivia because He has the same excitement and longing as He waits for us! 

Thank you Jesus for preparing a place for us and for allowing Danny and me the privilege of preparing a place for Olivia here on earth.  We are honored that you selected us as her parents so that we can tell her all the wonderful things about you and so that we will all come to that place you are so wonderfully preparing for us!!

P.S. You have given me many talents, thank you for showing me painting isn't one of them!!

All our Love,
Danny and Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment